Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Anniversary to me.....

It was 3 years ago that I got the call from the Dr's office that I was officially diagnossed as a Type II diabetic.

It was a horrible day at work, horrible commute home, the kids were screaming, I just made a mess on the floor when the nurse gave me the results. She wanted to know what pharmacy I used. She was going to call in a prescription for some pills for me.

I hung up, called the wife, got a little upset, got depressed and vowed I would beat it.

The following week I relaced the running shoes and started the trip back.

I was over 220lbs that day. By mid June, I was at 187. After 3 months the Dr took me off the medication and he was amazed by how much I had accomplished.

Since then it has been an ongoing battle to keep it under control. It wil never be easy, but it is doable.

Good lord I feel like Bruce Banner!

(courtesy Brian Postman 2008)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hat off to you!!! Many people need to follow your example. It is no question that you will continue to inspire many people who have diabetics. Keep it up !!!

Send emails to tony@gravato.com