Friday, January 4, 2008

My own take on the Iowa Caucuses

Personally I like Mike Huckabee.

He is some one who puts up or shuts up.

Plus in the theme of this blog, Mike is a runner and a marathon.

He took up running to lose weight ( Mike was obese when he was Governor of Arkansas) and finished the Little Rock Marathon. He then took upon the task of trying to make Arkansas a healthy state.

Mike understands that health care is an important focus for most Americans. Unfortunately the obesity epidemic in America isn't helping the cause. Obesity can lead to a lot of chronic diseases (i.e diabetes, heart disease, joint injuries.) All these things help to contribute to the rising cost of health care. Control the costs and the $$$ needed to pay for health care drops.

I know from reading Mike's book that he knows this and that he knows how important it is to get America back in shape.

I can put aside his religious undertones and concentrate instead on what he brings to the table which is honesty and for once a politician you can almost trust and like.

2 comments:

Greg On the Run said...

I became a fan of Mike Huckabee when he was profiled in Diabetes Forecast magazine. I am diabetic and he is one of my inspirations. And he's Chuck Norris approved!

Found you on the Complete Running Network. You'll find plenty of people stopping by to say hello.

Tony said...

Thanks Greg,

I am a Type II myself.

Like you I hold him as in insparation as well.

Thank you for stopping on by.

Send emails to tony@gravato.com