Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Early Bird

First of all let me say, I hate getting up early. This morning I was up at 5:15 so I could be out the door at 5:30 (my boss was driving me in and she was picking me up at 7:20.) Plan was originally for 7 miles, but I guesstimated wrong and wound up with 8 miles as per Garmin. So out the door I went into the darkness. Legs felt heavy the first mile, but some how I managed to get through the first mile, second mile would be all uphill so Houston we "might" have a problem. But we didn't. The next miles flew by. I guess it must have been listening to Steve Runner's Phedippidations. He was talking about junk miles and there benefits. Right now the only thing I could think of them was that they are junk as there name applies. As I write this my legs feel great, so obviously going slow helped quite a bit.
Here are the splits:
  1. 10:36
  2. 10:03 (uphill)
  3. 9:51
  4. 9:12
  5. 9:15
  6. 9:05 (uphill)
  7. 8:55
  8. 8:44

I finished pretty strong, even though last mile and a half was spent trying to go slow.

So overall I felt good!!

Lets see what the legs will feel like tomorrow.

No comments:

Send emails to tony@gravato.com