Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ok, this is my first post

Lets see how this grand experiment goes.

I am going to religiously attempt to blog my daily training experience (and feelings on many subjects); but be warned I can go on some serious rants.

Right now I am just trying to get a great base of running going. I am still trying to get that elusive 50 mile week in, I have come close many times.

While I am not currently training for anything, my goal is to run a marathon in Spring of 2008.
So all these miles will be put to good use. I don't know if I want to run Ocean Drive (Cape May, NJ) or the NJ Marathon (Long Branch, NJ)

They each have there pros and cons. Although I do feel that I need to try and seek redemption at NJ, which was site of my first marathon as well as a very ugly second half of that race.
Here is the link to my race report that I posted on Running Times.

http://www.runningtimes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1136

Ocean Drive is held at the end of March, so the possibility always exists for sever wind (and rain and snow) add to the fact the race is along the oceanfront and that possibility is very strong. NJM is last weekend in April, so the specter of heat, and humidity (plus the wind as it is also run partially by the oceanfront) is nothing compared to course design. Its two 13.1 mile loops and each loop seems to take on an identity of its own.

Stay tuned, this adventure may get bumpy.

No comments:

Send emails to tony@gravato.com