Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Today's Run...observations

OK, after struggling to get out of bed, I shortened my run from the planned 7 to 5.5 miles.
Right away I knew it was going to be good.

First mile is usually reserved for warming up, and I was feeling good from the moment I started. The second mile rolls and already I was settled into a good pace. The third starts going slightly downhill and then the last 1/3 of the mile it starts to climb, my pace was spot on and I was feeling good and comfortable. Mile 4 is almost at the "top" of this hill, it flattens for about 1/8 of a mile and then starts up again. Once again, pace seems very easy. By mile 5 I am starting to hold back, and it is hard. The last 1/2 mile is spent just trying to cool down. And trying is an understatement. It is hard, I want to go fast.

Over all it was 5.5 miles in about 50:25, or about a 9:10 pace, my fastest mile was mile 4 where I believe my pace was ~8:28 (for a uphill). I felt good the whole run, and it looks like everything is starting to come together. Lets see what tomorrow holds.

No comments:

Send emails to tony@gravato.com