Thursday, July 26, 2007

I finally did it!!!!

Long time coming, but I finally did it.

I ran my first double!!!!
Since I first started running back in the 80s and since returning back, I have never run a double.
I just did. I ran 8 this morning, with relative effort, and I just ran another 5 with the same effort.
I tried to hold back the whole way, but the legs kept going. I literally had to slow down to what seemed like a crawl the last mile.
The splits:
  1. 9:39
  2. 9:27 (uphill)
  3. 8:42(downhill)
  4. 8:41
  5. 9:21

I ran in my Nike Air Coos, and they felt great for once.

Now, here is my worry. I am planning on 10 miles tomorrow. After how well the legs felt this PM. I am worried that I may have put too much out. The splits (especially miles 3 & 4) were very fast for me, even though it was as if wasn't even straining. Lets see what the legs say tomorrow.

My run tomorrow might get rough!

No comments:

Send emails to tony@gravato.com