Tuesday, July 31, 2007

NEW Shoes!!!

I have been needing new shoes for a while, and I had been sitting on a Dick's Sporting Goods Gift Card for over a month.

Over the weekend, I went and looked, and finally settled on a par of Adidas Uraha 2. They to be a "bargain" shoe with a retail of $49.99, they were on sale, so they wound up costing $39.99.
They were light, and seemed to be made of a very breathable material. They also had what seemed to be some more cushioning. From the info have been able to find on them (which has been very scarce..and leads me to believe they are bargain shoes) , they are for the neutral type of runner who requires some extra cushioning. THAT WOULD BE ME!!! I am a fairly heavy runner (5'8" 189lb) but I hate heavy shoes and have always preferred light weight shoes. Problem is that by 275 miles they are usually shot. So I am hoping I can get at least 325 miles at of these.

Why not by more expensive shoes you ask? For the same reason I just stated above. I go through shoes very fast, and usually there is not much difference in cushioning material on more expensive shoes, especially f you like them to be lightweight!

I broke them in by walking in them all day yesterday, and the this morning I took them out for there first miles. I am impressed so far. My feet felt good in them and they seemed OK. I figure I should have a verdict on them by next Sunday.

I also got a set of Asics socks (made by Catawaba SOX of Hickory,NC) and after one wear, I do like there fit. I always have a tough problem with blisters, heat and sock fit, and so far these managed to handle all three pretty good. Now mind you it was only a 5.5 mile run. I want to see how they do after a 14-20 mile run. At $12.00 for 2 pair, they are reasonable ( I paid $6.25 a piece for my Wright Socks and that was with a 20% discount!) Look for more reports on these soon.

Just a note, I hate to spend money on running equipment, and I always try to get deals. So whether its eBay, or the Nike Outlet, or the clearance rack at Target (BTW: Target has excellent running apparel from C9 by Champion.) To me I like it cheap, and then I wear it till it starts to fall apart.

No comments:

Send emails to tony@gravato.com