Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Weekend Observations

After having time to digest my weekend runs, I have become very happy with what was accomplished.

On Saturday, I had intentionally decided to go slow because of the humidity and got a run in, that made me exhausted but allowed me t be recovered enough to go grocery shopping with the Missus in the afternoon.

On Sunday, the more I think about it, the more i realized that the intense humidity was doing a number on me even that early. Add to the fact that I could have eaten a little better the night before ( I had Cobb Salad) and gotten more sleep ( I had slept for 5 hours) and I would have probably felt a little better. that being said, the last 7 miles of the work out were absolutely amazing for me, given the conditions. I finished tired and hungry, but recovered fairly quick that I was contemplating doing another 4 at noon to make it over 60 miles (then the thunderstorms came) so over all after some time to think about I am very happy. Very, Very happy

No comments:

Send emails to tony@gravato.com