Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Nike V series

(click on ad for larger view)
The Vortex (the middle ones) were one of the greatest trainers I have ever run in.
I was 16 and had just started working. My first paycheck was for ~$60. I had just bought "The Runner" magazine, seen the ad, I called up a running specialty store in the back of the magazine and ordered the,

The day I got them, I took them out for a 7 mile run, ran through some mud and proceeded to get them dirty. I was mad! Ever since though it seems that I have always gotten my new trainers always dirty on the first run. Who knew?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had the vengeance.the front one in red/white/black.the BEST shoes i ever
owned.used them extremly hard for years.
light and durable.the retro i use now isnt so so good as the old original.

Send emails to tony@gravato.com