Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Some pictures I found in one of folders

(click on image for bigger size)

This one is just funny. I can't remember where I found it.

The caption along the top and bottom border reads:

"I am the East Grandstand, Row 6, Seat 41. I saw every step Pre ran at Hayward Field. The Twilight Miles, the '72 Olympic Trials, the unbeaten streak - zero defeats above a mile as he thrashed every American record between 2,000 to 10,000 meters. I heard Pre's People chant, Go Pre! Go Pre! - the whisper as he entered the bullpen became one full tilt roar as he thundered down the homestretch like some Coos Bay Express. I saw the race of his entire life run full throttle, on fire, like the brief flash of a passing comet lighting our way, sparking our souls, lifting us through the last lap, the final turn, the home stretch...Godspeed."

Its Pre....need I say more???

The first shoes I bough...with my own money, the Nike Vortex

I loved this shot, this is called "The Stare" As they were getting ready for the last climb to the summit (I want to say this is at Le Alp d'Uez) Lance looks back at Ulrich to say lets go. All Jan can do is look back with "I'm cooked" Lance then dances up on the pedals and climbs to victory. This is called a "moment of truth" boys and girls. We have all seen it in one way or another, its how you choose to answer it, that makes the difference.

No comments:

Send emails to tony@gravato.com