Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Last nights belated run and NEW shoe report

Since I went to lunch with Mrs. SJT, plan was to go run after getting home from work. This is usually around 6 so lets say it would be another dark run.

Right before I left work, my wife calls me and tells me my new shoes showed up. As you may have read previously, my ASICS Kayano 13s had to be returned because they were the wrong size. No one had them in stock, so they had to be shipped from some other source.

Whatever, I was excited. I got home, grabbed a very quick bite, got changed and went out the door. Lets say I would be running with the stars...that is using the faint light that is being emitted by them to see where I was going. My town has street lights sporadically placed. This was going to be fun.

I ran the Mathistown Route and that hill has 1/4 mile stretches with nothing but woods and no lights. I kept praying for cars, so I could at least see from there headlights where I was. Add to the fact that there were animal sounds and rustling coming from the woods, and I was spooked. But I was trying to concentrate on the shoes and I was not letting it bother me.

The Stats:

5.25 miles in 50:55 (9:42 avg)

10:28
9:58
9:31
9:15
9:18
2:21 (.25 @ 9:26)

Good run, but I do wish I had stuck to the pace for the first mile. I let it get away from me.

The Shoes:

My initial observations are that the cushioning in them is a little better than the cushioning in my Nike Air Coos. The fit is great. Enough toe box space, and just enough room so where blisters may not be an issue. It looks like to get a true assessment I will need another 40-50 miles on them, but so far very pleased.

My legs were sore after Sunday's workout, but the shoes did not seem to beat them up to much. Asa matter of fact, I would say that the reason I got away from pace was because my legs were feeling great. So big thumbs up on that so far. I will have to wait and see how I feel as the miles progress.

The only "bad" points I have is the insoles. they are very flimsy. I read that this might be an issue. So it looks like I may have to order some replacement ones.

Well thats it so far.

Stay tune, more to come......

No comments:

Send emails to tony@gravato.com