Sunday, January 6, 2008

Tonights Run

Busy day today, and it looked like I would never be able to get out of the house.

Had to go to SIL house, so took my stuff with me, and ran in T.R.
I ran from SIL house to TR East HS, and ran 3 miles around a well lit parking lot. Each lap was about .30 miles so it was about 3.5 laps to the mile. The run started at 5:16, so lets say daylight was non existent. Ad to the fact that this part of town, has very little lit streets, it made for some uneasy miles, thus my decision to run in the parking lot.

The Stats:

8.37 miles in 1:18:45 (9:24 pace)

8:53 (way too fast first mile)
9:14
9:24
9:17 (parking lot)
9:10 (parking lot)
9:26 (parking lot)
9:37
9:35
4:05 (.37 miles @ 10:58 pace)

I was hoping to keep the pace more at 10:00 min, wasn't happening. Legs feel good though.
Lets see how they feel tomorrow!

Not exciting, not pretty, but it was effective. I was hoping that the track was open and lit, and SURPRISE it wasn't! Had to make the best of it.

I was hoping for a 14-16 mile run today. But since that didn't happen; I will make the best of it.

Still very pleased with this week's training. I was very happy not to wimp out during the two very cold days, and making the best of adapting my runs to my schedule.

No comments:

Send emails to tony@gravato.com