Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Rocket....

Listened to the press conference on the radio, This is what I took away from it:
  1. Brian McNamee sounded like a 15 year old trying to make up with his BFF. "I'll go to jail for you, Roger!"
  2. Roger Clemens, in my opinion, is trying to protect his ass now. He should have done that when McNamee was trying to inject "B-12" into it.
  3. Does Clemens and his lawyer "Rusty" think we are that stupid and dumb?
  4. And why would you hire a lawyer with a name like Rusty?
  5. Your right Roger you didn't take any banned substances, you just worked harder than everybody else at 45. You took your Flinstone vitamins (so did Bill Romanowski) and spent time in the gym with your personal trainer (who also claimed that your buddy Andy Pettitte took HGH and he admitted to it) and worked your ass off. Right!?!? And OJ and Robert Blake are teaming up to find the serial killer that is stalking celebrity spouses. GIVE ME A BREAK!
  6. Roger said," I'll do everything I can to prove them wrong." Yeah, right and I believe OJ said the same about finding Nicole's killer.
  7. I have never done a 2 hour TV interview under bright lights, but I have lied on occasion and one thing I do know....my mouth usually gets very dry that I need to drink water constantly. Get the picture?

After this press conference and the 60 Minute interview, my personal and professional opinion (as a sports fan) is that he is trying to hide something and that might be the track marks on his ass and the smear on his reputation. Not to mention that he might have to buy a ticket to get into the Hall of Fame in the future.

Roger do us a favor and admit to what you did. Your starting to sound like Marion Jones, Floyd Landis, and Tyler Hamilton. We know how there stories ended, and they vowed to prove there "innocence" as well.

For those who didn't see the 60 minutes interview, here is a link:

http://60minutes.yahoo.com/segment/128/roger_clemens

As a Met's fan and as a 16 year old I remember watching The Rocket pitch in the 1986 World Series. I was in awe that he could still pitch in the playoffs this year. To me he was always about the hard work. It was what he said he did, he worked harder. I had always heard the rumours. Then I read the Mitchell Report. It was like being a 10 year old who discovers there is no Santa Clause or Tooth Fairy. I hope it was worth it Roger, I am sure somewhere there is a 10 year old little boy, who is ashamed to put your jersey on. I really hope it was worth it?

Prove me wrong. Take the Polygraph test. If your innocent, you have nothing to lose. If you did it once or twice admit to it, tell us why you did it. We might just understand. We did when Andy told us he did it to come back from injury. Just don't make us feel like fools. Today was January 7, NOT April 1st. Baseball fans and sports fans in general are not fools. We support, forgive and forget. But not when our heroes and stars flat out lie and try to make idiots out of us.

Rocket don't try to throw a "spit ball" at us and act like it was a change up. Will make sure you are ejected from our collective memories!

That is all I have to say!

No comments:

Send emails to tony@gravato.com